Tuesday 16 June 2009

Left out

It was pouring, and my dad still didn't pick me up from school. School ended at 3:00. It was 4:30. I kept waiting, but I got out my DS and iPod. Suddenly, while I was in the middle of the game, something honked at me. I looked up, but my eyes drooped. He's here NOW I thought. I packed up my stuff and walked to my dad's black truck, closed the door, and continued what I was doing. He starting driving and said, "How was school honey?". I didn't answer. "Honey?" he said and nudged me. I scooted to the side of the truck and curled into a ball. I could feel him staring at my black hair, brown eyes, black skin, and clothes. Nobody cared anymore. 1963 is the worst year there is I thought. "Honey how-" he began. I cut him off and screamed, "FINE DAD!!! JUST FINE!!!". I burried my face in my knees as I felt a tear go down. Just fine, you pick me up AN HOUR AND A HALF late and I'm telling him it was just fine!! I thought. "Dad, I don't care WHAT you do after 12:50, BUT YOU NEED TO START REMEMBERING THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU AND YOUR FOOTBALL!!". I knew this hurt him deeply, but it hurt ME even more that he forgot his own daughter. "Nina, I'm sorry" he said. I knew he was, but there was nothing he could do to make me happy. NOTHING.

My mom asked the same question when I got home. I gave her the same answer, except I didn't scream, and I didn't say Dad. I ran to my room and started my homework. Usually I would read my book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire but now just wasn't the time. People hated me at Bander Middle School. Usually people would be making out and stuff at this age, but I wasn't. Nobody liked me anyways. Except one girl named Jam who tried to be friends with me, but the girls that were mean to me made fun of her name like stuff that you put on your toast. 'Jelly and Jam' I tried to remember what they said. I couldn't. I didn't want to remember what Carlos, Krissa, Love, Faith, Blister, and Antonio said. Suddenly I was whipped back from dreamland. Somebody was calling me. I got my phone and looked at the ID. It said: ULLS, ANTONIO. Oh no, I'm DOOMED I thought. My ID should be GO AWAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment