Friday 19 June 2009

The Seagulls Diary

I went back up to our room, and I grabbed my wallet and started walking in the sunset to a a restraunt on the water. It was part on the beach, part on water. It was called 'Rock Lobster'. I opened the door to see a pretty chinese lady smiling at me as she said, "Hello, how many?". "1" I said smiling. "Follow me" she signaled for me to follow her as she got the crayons, coloring pages, and the menu. She got me a seat on the water with a window looking out toward sea, and then she said, "Your waitress, Hyedi, will be here shortly". "Thank you" I said and then I added as I read the name tag, "Cola". Now that made me thirsty for Coca Cola. Suddenly a puppy came up and jumped on my seat. He was a golden retriever, witch ketchup and pepper and all sorts of stuff on him. A man running out of the kitchen with a knife said to me angrily, "IS THIS YOUR DIRTY HOUND?!". Before I could finish he pointed to the exit. "OUT!! AND TAKE YOUR STUPID RASCAL WITH YE!". I cried and ran with the dog, and I looked at Cola, hoping she would help. She frowned, and turned away from me. The man locked the door, and the puppy started whining. I started crying.

I fell in love with the dog as soon as I got to the hotel.
It was a boy, with no collar or name tag, so I named him Checkers. Because his fur was checkered with food. Checkers followed me everywhere. He loved the water, and he always bounced back when the tide came and crashed against the shore. That always made me laugh. I heard whining, and I turned around to see a tiny head of a puppy poking out of a dune, and a seagull nipping at it. I screamed at the seagull, and Checkers ran to save the puppy. But the dune caved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment